Hey guys ! Today I’d like to share with you my experience with TransferWise (along with a free first transfer!) . As most of you here, I am a foreigner living in Singapore, which means that I sometimes need to transfer money from/to my home country.
To be honest I didn’t knew much about sending money abroad with anything else than a bank. I’ve heard the name TransferWise couple of times through friends and colleagues. So when I had to do my first transfer from my Singaporean account to an account in France, I thought that I would give it a try. Overall, it was an easy and safe process, way simpler than I would have thought ! Let me walk you through it.
First of all, here is why I like this service a lot: you directly see how much fees you are paying and at which exchange rate. When you arrive on the website, this is the first information that’s given to you. No hidden costs whatsoever !
Then, it’s super easy to register. Just need to click on Get started, enter your email adress and create your password. You can even register with your Google or Facebook account.
You are now on your account and it will take you 5 (short) steps to make your transfer:
- Set up the amount of your transfer and check out the fees associated to it
- Enter your personal details (name, first name, birthday, phone number and adress)
- Select to whom you are sending the money to (yourself, someone else or a business/charity) and fill their name, email and bank detail (IBAN)
- Review the details of you offer
- Chose how you are paying: Debit card, credit card or bank transfer and enter the required details
And voila, that’s all you had to do! You will then be redirected to the end page where you have a summary of your transfer. You can also find the date by when the money should arrive on the desired account.
I am so happy with this service that I use it anytime I need to transfer money and so far, so good! So guys, if this is a service that you would like to try, I am happy to offer you your first transfer for free!
Click here to enjoy your first transfer for free !
Have a safe transfer ;-).